I Visas

I visa are for members of the foreign media who will remain employees of a foreign media entity while inside the U.S.

You may be eligible for the  I, Representatives of Foreign Media, nonimmigrant visa, if you:

  • Represent a foreign information media outlet (press, radio, film, or other foreign information media). You must demonstrate that you are a bona fide representative of the foreign media.
  • Are coming to the United States to engage solely in this profession; and
  • Have a home office in a foreign country

Occupations under this category include reporters, film crews, editors, and similar occupations.

You can apply for an I visa at an American Embassy or consulate.  If you are already in the United States, you can apply for a change of status or extension of an I visa through the USCIS.