Meltzer Hellrung has the global reach and resources to help businesses from a range of industries arrange visas and work permits for their employees to legally work in Poland. Our detailed understanding of European Union and individual country immigration requirements, combined with a strategic, service-oriented approach to client needs, ensures that permits and visas are both appropriate and legally compliant.

EU residents do not need visas or work permits to live and work in Poland. For non-EU nationals, there are various options.

  • Work Permit Type A: This is available to foreign nationals hired by a Polish employer or who sit on the management board of a business enterprise in Poland. It can be extended for up to one year.

  • Work Permit Type C or E: This option is for foreign nationals on an intra-company transfer to a branch or facility in Poland. It is valid for up to 36 months and can be renewed.

  • Business visa (Schengen visa C or D): One of these options is required to enter the country for business reasons. Visa “C” permits the holder to remain in the territory of all of the Schengen area member countries for a maximum of 90 days during a 180-day period.  A D-type national visa is for stays of a total duration of more than 90 days, but no longer than one year. The D visa may be converted into a long-term resident permits

  • Freelance/entrepreneur visa: Self-employed individuals and business owners may qualify for this visa, which is valid for up to two years. Applicants must show documentation to prove the ability to support themselves financially.

Meltzer Hellrung’s services include:

  • Full assessment of the applicant under existing visa laws and regulations

  • Assistance at each step of the process: visa application, work authorization, residence permit, extensions, renewals, etc.

  • 24/7 access to our case management system to track real-time status of applications and monitor upcoming expiration dates or other requirements

  • Document procurement for legalization, attestation, police clearance certification, proof of birth/marriage/citizenship, etc.

  • Accompaniment and assistance upon arrival in Poland

Contact is to learn more about how we can help streamline the visa and immigration process.