Global Services


Meltzer Hellrung is able to help employers secure visas and work permits for their employees to legally work in the Philippines. Our detailed understanding of the country’s immigration requirements combined with a strategic, service-oriented approach to client needs ensures that the chosen solutions are both appropriate and legally compliant.

The Philippines offers a wide range of visas and permits related to work.

Work Visas

  • 9(a) Temporary Visitor visa: Issued to foreign nationals visiting the Philippines for a maximum of 59 days for business as well as tourism and medical purposes. It can be extended for a maximum of 16 months.

  • 9(g) Pre-Arranged Employee Commercial visa: The most widely used work visa, it allows for multiple entries and exits out of the country while working with a Filipino company.

  • 9(g) Pre-Arranged Employee Non-Commercial visa:  A local company can petition for this category, which is open to foreign individuals engaged in social, missionary, or medical missions.

  • 47(A)(2) Special Non-Immigrant visa: This category visa is issued to foreign nationals who are coming to the Philippines for a year or less. There are special provisions for investors or employees of Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) or BOI-registered companies as well as those working in the oil drilling industry.

  • Special Non-Immigrant visa under E.O. 226: This option is available to foreign employees of multinational companies.

  • 9(a) Temporary Visitor visa: This visa is issued to foreign nationals who are visiting Philippines for a short period for any purpose. Requirements and terms of validity vary for different countries.

Work Permits 

  • Special Work Permit: A local company registered in the Philippines can petition for this short-term work permit for foreign nationals to work for up to three months. It may be extended for another three months.

  • Provisional Work Permit: This type of work permit is issued to foreign nationals waiting for approval for a 9(g) work visa. Initially issues for three months, it can be extended until the visa is approved.

  • Alien Employment Permit (AEP): This permit is for longer stays and is granted for one to five years. It is renewable for a maximum of five years.

Meltzer Hellrung’s services include:

  • Full assessment of the applicant under existing visa laws and regulations

  • Assistance at each step of the process: visa application, work authorization, residence permit, extensions, renewals, etc.

  • 24/7 access to our case management system to track real-time status of applications and monitor upcoming expiration dates or other requirements

  • Document procurement for legalization, attestation, police clearance certification, proof of birth/marriage/citizenship, etc.

  • Accompaniment and assistance upon arrival in the Philippines

Contact is to learn more about how we can help streamline the visa and immigration process.