Canada offers employer-specific and open work permits. There are several different types:

  • Temporary Foreign Worker Program: Employers must complete a Labour Market Impact Assessment. 

  • International Mobility Program (IMP): Employers may hire temporary workers without an LMIA based on certain criteria.

  • Intra Company Transfers: International companies may temporarily transfer qualified employees to Canada for the purpose of improving management effectiveness, expanding Canadian exports, and enhancing competitiveness in overseas markets.

  • Global Talent Stream: For hiring individuals with unique and specialized talent or highly skilled foreign workers in certain in-demand occupations.

  • Express Entry Program: For skilled immigrants seeking permanent residency.

Meltzer Hellrung’s services include:

  • Full assessment of the applicant under existing visa laws and regulations

  • Assistance at each step of the process: visa application, work authorization, residence permit, extensions, renewals, etc.

  • 24/7 access to our case management system to track real-time status of applications and monitor upcoming expiration dates or other requirements

  • Document procurement for legalization, attestation, police clearance certification, proof of birth/marriage/citizenship, etc.

  • Accompaniment and assistance upon arrival in Canada

Contact is to learn more about how we can help streamline the visa and immigration process.