Contact Us Today

Employment Authorization Cards

The USCIS grants temporary work authorization to work with any US employer for individuals in certain categories.  A partial list of those who qualify for work authorization includes:

  • Students in F-1 OPT status
  • Spouses of U.S. visa holders in the following categories:
    • A-2
    • E-2
    • G-2
    • J-2
    • L-2
  • B-1 domestic servant
  • Individuals who have an I-485 green card application pending.

To apply for an Employment Authorization Card or EAD, an I-765 form must be submitted.  The current processing time is 90 days. Applications for renewal can be submitted up to 120 days before the expiration of a current EAD.