I-9 and E-Verify
E-Verify is an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. E-Verify is not a mandatory program under federal law. However, many states now make E-Verify mandatory for all employers (e.g. Arizona and Georgia), or mandatory for certain types of employers, such as public contractors.
- Works with Form I-9 — uses information provided by the employee
- Secure 24-hour access — anytime, anywhere. No special software required; just a web browser and internet access
- Instant results — most case results display in three to five seconds
- Helps combat document fraud — E-Verify’s photo-matching feature combats document fraud
- User access flexibility — three user roles to choose from; select what the users see and do
- Reporting capability — employers can monitor usage
- Easy to implement — decide your participation location-by-location
- Administrator Tools — Corporate Administrator access method lets employers link and manage their participating worksites
- Interactive training — comprehensive online tutorial, quick reference guides and, manuals
- Alerts employees — E-Verify can alert employees to mismatches in their government records
- Dedicated Customer Service — Personalized assistance by phone or email
Employers must enroll in E-Verify to employ an individual on a 24-month F-1 OPT STEM extension.
You can follow this link to enroll in the E-Verify program.