Partner and Co-Founder
Matt co-founded Meltzer Hellrung LLC in 2014 with the goal of providing exceptional client service and innovative strategies to companies and entrepreneurs. In a challenging regulatory climate, Matt is a creative and effective advocate, helping clients develop winning legal strategies for changing times.
Matt's clients range from entrepreneurs to small and growth-phase companies to multi-national corporations. He focuses on employment-based immigration and has filed thousands of petitions. Additionally, Matt advises companies regarding employee hiring and I-9 compliance, immigration policy, reorganizations and mergers, and government inspections.
Matt has filed immigration petitions in the following categories:
- Green Cards
- EB-1A Extraordinary Ability
- EB-1C Multinational Manager
- Schedule A Nurses & Physical Therapists
- Schedule A Exceptional Ability
- EB-5 Investor
- Marriage-Based Green Card
- International Entrepreneur Rule Parole
- Citizenship (N-400)
- Dependent visas such as H-4 and L-2
- EAD Cards
- Advance Parole
Prior to co-founding Meltzer Hellrung LLC, Matt was a Supervising Attorney with VISANOW, PC.
Matt is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and the Illinois State Bar Association.
Matt graduated from the University of Pennsylvania, cum laude, with a B.A. in political science, and earned his J.D. from Boston College Law School.
Speaking Engagements and Publications
- November 1, 2017: "Preparing for Increased Enforcement Activities". Human Resources Management Association of Chicago.
- October 25, 2017: "Business Immigration Under the New Administration: Remarkable Trends, Development and Legal Issues in 2017 and Beyond." The Knowledge Group - Webcast.
- October 10, 2017: "Visas, International Students and Starting a Company". University of Illinois - Technology Entrepreneur Center.
- April 12, 2017: "Business Immigration - What Do I Need to Know?" Catapult Chicago.
- December 1, 2016: "Visas, International Students and Starting a Company". University of Illinois - Technology Entrepreneur Center.
- September 26, 2016: "Immigration Options for Start-Up Entrepreneurs and Employees". 1871
- May 16, 2016: Quoted in ChicagoInno, "How America Disrupts Its Immigrant Entrepreneurs"
- May 16, 2016: Presentation on accepting equity as payment. American Immigration Lawyer's Association - Chicago Chapter, 2016 Spring Ethics Conference.
- January 14, 2016: "Nuts & Bolts of Immigration for Non-Resident Employees and Entrepreneurs". University of Chicago Booth School of Businees.
- March 2, 2015: FWD.US press call with Rep. Bob Dold (IL-10).
- February 26, 2015, June 16, 2015: Presentation on "Immigration for New Businesses and Entrepreneurs" at 1871.
- August 20, 2014: "Immigration for Employment Lawyers: Pointers, Practices, and Practical Considerations". State Bar of Wisconsin: Health, Labor, and Employment Law Institute.